Last updated 27 August 2018
Oasis Europe is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and to acting in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and applicable regulations. We place a high priority on safeguarding confidential information and processing personal data in an ethical manner to ensure that anyone we interact with can be assured we have taken into consideration and implemented privacy and data protection within our business services, marketing functions, IT systems and overall business practices.
Oasis Europe is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a data controller, registration number: ICO Number.
In order for Oasis Europe to carry out our business functions and deliver our services, we rely on the following lawful conditions for processing personal data:
Consent – the individual has given their Consent to the processing of their personal data.
Contractual – processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the individual is a party or for Oasis Europe to take pre-contractual steps at the request of the individual.
Legal Obligation – processing of personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Oasis Europe is subject.
Legitimate Interests – processing is necessary under the legitimate interests of Oasis Europe or associated third party, unless these interests are overridden by the individual’s interests or fundamental rights. Legitimate interests would be pursued in a way which might reasonably be expected, and which does not impact your rights.
We will be clear and transparent with you about which lawful basis is used when processing your data.
What we Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Please amend or add as necessary
- Name and job title
- Contact information including e-mail address
- Demographic information such as postcode
- Information that you provide to Oasis Europe for the purpose of subscribing to our services, e-mail notifications and/or newsletters
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Bank details to make payment to our associate pool
Additionally, we may collect the following:
- Examples below of additional collected information
- Photographs – held on our contact database.
- Passport information – in a very few cases we collect this information from associates to organise travel overseas with our clients.
- Information on the particular skills of our associate pool, for example languages, experience in specialist areas. We do not collect or run analytics on protected characteristics.
What we do with the information we gather
We gather this information to understand your needs, provide you with a better service and in particular to:
- Ensure accurate internal record keeping
- Provide you with services that you have requested from us and to perform our legal obligations to you
- Perform and administer the contract we enter into with you, in accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Business and our Associate Agreement with our freelance role-players and facilitators
- Process payments
- Improve our products and services
- Administer our website for internal operations and keep it safe and secure
For the above we rely on Contractual, Legal Obligation and Legitimate Interests lawful conditions.
If you have provided your explicit consent we may also, from time to time:
- Use your information to contact you for market research purposes by e-mail, phone or mail
- Periodically send promotional e-mail about new services, or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the e-mail address which you have provided
We will never provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing. For the smooth running of our services we will on occasion share mobile numbers and/or e-mail to teams (both clients and associates) working together for the purposes of either briefing or contacting in case of last minute emergency.
Oasis Europe are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
We retain your personal information for the appropriate period of time – neither too long nor too short. We do not seek to retain data for any longer than necessary to carry out our service and fulfil our statutory and contractual obligations. For clarity this means that we will need to keep certain information about clients, suppliers and other individuals or organisation we interact with over the course of business to carry out certain business functions for up to 7 years after completion of service for our records and to meet certain legal and compliance requirements. For associates who have provided their CVs to us and are placed on our database, we will keep this information until you request it to be removed.
Links to other websites
Your rights relating to your personal data
Any personal data we collect from you or we generate as a result of your interaction with our systems belongs to you. Under the 2018 GDPR you have the right to know if your data is being processed, why and for how long. This will include details of what categories of data we process, whether your data has been disclosed to third parties and their identities and how to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
In addition to your right of access to data we process, Oasis Europe will uphold other rights afforded to you under GDPR, namely:
- The right to request that errors in your personal data processed by Oasis Europe is amended or corrected
- The right to erasure of your personal data if those data are no longer needed for their original purpose, or where the processing is based on consent and you withdraw that consent (and no other lawful basis for the processing exists)
- The right to restrict processing where the relevant personal data either cannot be deleted for legal compliance reasons, or where you do not wish to have the data deleted
- The right to object to processing carried out for the purposes of direct marketing, where processing is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress. Oasis Europe will always give you the option of unsubscribing from any promotional material sent to you
- The right to request a copy of the personal data you have provided to us for yourself, or for it to be transferred to another organisation, if the processing was based on consent, the provision of business services under a contract, or processing carried out by automated means
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete or wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data, please send a Subject Access Request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond promptly to any requests. Dependant on the complexity and scope of your request, it may take up to 28 days for us to provide a response.
If you have a complaint that Oasis Europe cannot fully resolve, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or email email@example.com.
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it. If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 118 958 5588.